PRIVATE // DESTINATION WORKSHOPS
LANDSCAPE // WILDLIFE // ADVENTURE // NIGHT // ETC WORKSHOP
4 DAYS OF YOUR CHOICE IN THE LOCATION OF YOUR CHOICE
BIG BEND NATIONAL PARK // $3000 // $1500 Deposit
GRAND TETON NATIONAL PARK // $3700 // $1800 Deposit
EVERGLADES NATIONAL PARK // $4000 // $2000 Deposit
YOUR CHOICE // ANYWHERE IN THE USA // $7500 + travel // $5000 Deposit
SCOTLAND, UK // $10,000 // $6000 Deposit
YOUR CHOICE // ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD // $18,000 + travel // $10,000 Deposit
Sign up soon for 4 Days of One-On-One Personal Instruction Workshop In Some of The Most Beautiful Locals in the World. You chose the place, the time, and the curriculum. Andrew creates a truly customized experience to fit your schedule, taste, and skills.
All costs except tuition, transportation, meals, amd in the field perks, and park related fees are the responsibility of the student.
- Pre-workshop Personal Skype Session – Before all of our destination workshops, you can benefit from a personal Q&A Skype session at your convenience with Andrew, to ask any questions you might have about your upcoming trip. This is immensely helpful to gat to know your instructor, and to making sure you feel prepared for the great adventure ahead!
- Welcome Packet - You will receive your personalized welcome packet 2-6 weeks before the workshop with maps, helpful local info, nature facts, FAQ’s, technical photography information on what we will be discussing, a comprehensive list of what to bring, and more.
- All Park/ Recreation Related Fees – We believe in and support our National Parks, Forest, and Wilderness system, so we are proud Commercial Use Authorization Permit holders in several of our National Parks. And though we may be other locations for this trip, this provides us a good relationship with the federal & state authorities that oversee this vast and beautiful country, and it helps to fund fantastic conservation projects that would not be possible without special use educators and their students! So a portion of your tuition goes right back to help protect the park you love!
- Numerous Guided Hikes – We will embark on at least one hike per day (depending on your fitness level) through the intensely beautiful landscape of the park and some surrounding areas. We will explore the myriad flora and fauna of the ecosystems, shooting anything and everything in nature, discussing a wide range of photographic tips and techniques.
- Astro Photography - On at least one of the nights we will navigate the exciting night sky with our cameras. We will discuss and execute several techniques including night landscapes, star trails, painting with light, and more.
- Transportation – Andrew will provide transportation while in the field. Riding together will give even more Q+A and conversation time. Andrew will coordinate to pick you up at the airport of your choice near the desired workshop location.
- Meals - All meals are included, so you don't have to worry about a thing once you arrive.
What’s NOT Included? Transportation to and from our chosen destination is not included, as well as anything not specifically listed above. Alcohol is not included. Travel insurance can be purchased separately, HERE, but not necessary.
Discussed Techniques - Your choice including, but not exclusively limited to:
- White Balance
- Depth Of Field
- People As Part Of A Landscape
- Time-lapse Basics
- Adventure Photography
- Long Exposures
- Night Landscapes
- Star Trails
- Painting With Light
- Environmental Portraits
- Studio Lighting In The Field
- Camera Raw
- Premier Pro
- After Effects
- Dodging and Burning
Location - Your Choice
Dates - To be coordinated by You and Andrew
Photography Skill Level - Any, Beginner to Pro
Activity Level - Light to Strenuous. Andrew will tailor the workshop to your abilities. Note: Please evaluate your abilities realistically, as Slaton Workshops is not responsible for injury or evacuation.
Price - Starting at $3000 (Depending upon chosen location)
Deposit - A non-refundable minimum $1500 deposit is required to secure your spot.
Class Size - This class will be a 1 to 1 ratio of students to instructor! It literally doesn't get any better than that. Options may be available for spouse or friend extra attendees.
Travel - Andrew will coordinate to help you find the best mode of transportation to get to the workshop location. In most cases, Andrew will be at the airport to pick you up, if needed.
Lodging - Andrew will coordinate comfortable and convenient lodging. Special luxury accommodations are often available at extra cost. Feel free to ask about your options!
Meals - All meals are covered for the duration of the workshop.
Transportation – In most cases transportation to and from airports and while in the field is provided. All transportation during the workshop is included.